Sunday, November 29, 2009

Drinking Deeply

Last year I memorized these verses From Psalm 74:

  Whom have I in heaven but you?
  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
  My flesh and my heart may fail,
  but God is the strength of my heart
  and my portion forever.

Oh how I long for these verses to be as firmly planted and deeply rooted in my heart as they are in my mind.  This is the lens through which I want to view everything,  whether it be my pain or my pleasures, my joys or my struggles, my gains or my losses.  There is nothing that I posses that is not ash in my hands nor any desire that is not ultimately and completely satisfied in Him.

 28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
       I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
       I will tell of all your deeds.

1 comment:

  1. (Psalm 73)

    I agree:

    http://unbreakablejoy.blogspot.com/2008/04/sirens-cisterns-and-superior.html

    ReplyDelete